Some of the main projects we have undertaken
are as follows:
- Consultancy, equipping and training of the entire
Kira Hospital in Burundi.
- Equipping of the National Public Health Labs
and the all the satellite labs in the country.
- Supply and installation of PCR machines for
Rwanda Biomedical Center.
- Supply of reagents and bench work for Human
DNA Paternity for National Reference Laboratory-
- FUT2 polymorphisms in Humans. The work is
being done by a PHD student who want to find the
polymorphisms in Kenyan HIV infected Women.
have been associated with different responses to
infections as well as with HIV-1 progression. The
current challenge is that we used a big proportion
of the budget in optimizations and currently we
are seeking for more sponsorship for the project.
- Investigations for Neck and Head Cancers. The
study is being performed to screen and associate
patients with HPV which is believed to be a major
cause for the neck and head cancers at Kenyatta
- In the year 2014, we partnered with the Ministry
of Health to launch a mobile clinic meant to deal
with the rising cases of undetected cervical cancer
among women in Kenya. The clinic is equipped with
HPV DNA testing technology and is expected to
help bridge the gap on cervical cancer screening
services and improve screening methods using
new methods i.e. HPV
We are involved in consultancy, training & laboratory
equipment of hospitals in East Africa. Here
are a few projects Biozeq has been involved in:
National Public Health Rwanda- Biozeq is involved
in designing &equipping molecular biology
- Uganda- Involved in setting up TB laboratory in
Uganda national reference laboratory.
Makerere University- Biozeq set up UVRI
laboratory in Entebbe.
- Ethiopia Addis Ababa- Involved in setting up
Visceral Leishmaniasis laboratory in Addis Ababa
University. Also involved in setting up national
health research institute (NHRI) laboratories in
- Kenya- Involved in setting up forensic laboratories
with the Kenya police and all 8 counties where
national public health in Kenya have references